Areas We Serve
Whether summer is coming to a close, or winter has just finished, there is no better time to ensure your fireplace and chimney are ready for crackling fires next snow season. At Dynamic Air Experts, we specialize in chimney lining to ensure your fireplace is ready to use when the weather starts to cool.
Importance of chimney lining
You may not realize it, but the chimney is very much an integral part of your heating system and the lining can deteriorate and degrade over time; which can be dangerous. This is because of water which could be introduced from a variety of sources, this can lead to cracking and crumbling in your chimney lining. If that doesn’t sound serious enough to you, understand that it can cause leakages of smoke and flue gasses directly into your home as your chimney has been compromised by damage.
The purpose of chimney liner is to retain the heat within the chimney so that it cannot overheat near a material that is combustible (like the walls or framing of your home). Essentially, it prevents fires. It does more than that, though, it also keeps moisture, creosote, carbon monoxide, and smoke out of your home.
It’s vital that your chimney liner is intact and appropriate for your chimney setup. The majority of liners are clay however, there are a variety of options available now.
We always ensure your chimney lining is flexible and strong, as well as energy efficient. Once we have installed your new chimney liner you can arrange for a maintenance schedule with us to keep it obstruction free. If it isn’t functioning it could cause your home to be filled with toxic fumes that your family will inhale.
Why have chimney liner installed?
There are a few reasons why you may be in need of our service:
- The chimney hasn’t been lined yet.
- The chimney was lined with a terra cotta clay that has since deteriorated, aged, or cracked.
- You are (or have) had a new furnace installed. A lot of the new furnace systems won’t fit with your existing chimney liner. Particularly in cases where you are converting from oil to gas (which we can also undertake for you). The gas fumes are cleaner however they can cause create acid when the fumes hit the cold outdoor air, so it’s incredibly important that your liner is intact to prevent any corrosion to your chimney once the conversion has taken place.
- There was a chimney fire.
Lining your chimney has a number of benefits, including the following:
- Improved efficiency of appliances which saves on utility costs.
- Offers maximum protection from dangerous fumes and gases, as well as preventing damage from water and fire.
- Reduces the risk of a chimney fire.
- It will ensure your chimney stays clean as it prevents the buildup of creosote.
Dynamic Air Experts provides chimney lining services to the New Jersey counties of Bergen, Essex, and Passaic. If you are in need of professional assistance contact us to arrange an appointment with one of our trained professionals. We are happy to provide you with a free estimate and assess your situation.
Servicing Chimney Linings in Essex, Bergen, and Passaic Counties