or call 866-427-2853 and mention this offer.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]We all know that we can pay our auto mechanics a little now for routine service, or pay them a lot later for repair. The same idea holds true for your air conditioner system. If you don’t service your air conditioner regularly, you’ll find yourself uncomfortable and broke.
Air conditioner units are very touch pieces of equipment. They are engineered to withstand all kinds of abuse and keep on running. This is great in most respects, but it can lead to complacency about maintenance. Like a car, they need regular tune-ups to run properly.
Without regular maintenance air conditioners lose about 5% of their original efficiency for each year of operation. This means that the 12 SEER unit that you bought just a few years ago may be functioning like a 9 SEER unit today! The good news is that you can recover most of that lost efficiency through regular maintenance. Studies show that with regular tune-ups a unit will maintain up to 95% of its original efficiency. This means that the cost of an annual tune-up is recovered very quickly in savings on your monthly electric bill and reduced repair costs. A properly serviced air conditioner will also do a better job of dehumidifying your home.
The experts of Dynamic Air offer annual service programs that insure that you will be reminded of the need to service your unit at the beginning of the cooling and heating seasons.
The service check will include:
- Cleaning the condensing unit coils
- Check Air Filter
- Checking the amp draw of the compressor
- Oiling the fan motors
- Checking that belts are well adjusted
- Checking the system operating pressures and temperatures against the manufacturers specifications
Coolant level (commonly known as Freon)
- A system that is only 10% low on coolant will cost about 20% more to operate! The Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) recommends that coolant levels be checked every year.
- There are new laws governing the use of coolant so if your unit is low specific guidelines must be followed. Freon is a chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) that will damage the earth’s protective ozone later if released into the atmosphere. The laws governing CFO’s now do not allow your air conditioner contractor to add Freon to a leaky system. They are first required to find and fix the leak in the system. This law cannot be violated or our license will be revoked so please don’t ask us to violate this law.
Benefits of annual service:
- Recover much of the lost efficiency
- Less likely to suffer a major breakdown
- Longer operational span
- Better dehumidification
- MOST IMPORTANTLY can increase your comfort and operate for less money.
All equipment, even the most reliable, needs routine maintenance. Today’s air conditioners are complicated equipment and can benefit in many ways from annual service.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]